We are the leading research partnership in the world focused on STROKE RECOVERY.
Headquartered at the University of Ottawa, our core partners include:
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Ottawa
We include more than 150 researchers from universities across the country, including:
- University of Victoria
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- Universite de Montreal
- McGill University
- Dalhousie University
- McMaster University
We bring together a network of clinical researchers at rehabilitation hospitals and facilities across Canada.
We collaborate with international stroke research groups, including:
- Harvard University
- U.S. National Institutes of Health
- Cornell University
- European Stroke Network
- University of California, Irvine
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Frankfurt
- University of Heidelberg
- University of Maryland
Our research is focused in four strategic priorities:
- Build research collaborations with high potential impact
- Accelerate research using shared infrastructure
- Develop high caliber stroke recovery research leaders
- Share new knowledge with those who can apply it
What else do we do?
- We identify and fund emerging and innovative stroke recovery research
- We support trainees and new investigators and work to build Canada’s capacity in stroke recovery research
- We support a national trainee association for graduate students and post-docs.
- We advocate for better stroke recovery services.
- We produce tools and resources to deliver research findings to the people who can use them.
- We foster collaboration and networking among researchers and the stroke recovery community in Canada and beyond.
- We maintain online tools for stroke recoverers, their families, and clinicians in an effort to share information and build community.