Stroke Program in Neurorecovery (SPiN) Workshop
November 19-22, 2019, Toronto, Ontario
This year the Stroke Program in Neurorecovery (SPiN) Workshop will be held in Toronto on November 19-22, 2019. For the multi-day workshop, we have created interactive activities, specifically designed for trainees focused on stroke recovery research! We will have presentations, hands-on lab demonstrations, dedicated time with stroke survivors, and lots of time for networking!
Trainees will interact with a host of researchers from the Baycrest, Sunnybrook, and Toronto Rehab, including, Drs. Nicole Anderson, Mark Bayley, Sandra Black, Avril Mansfield, Jed Meltzer, and Elizabeth Rochon, to name a few. Click on the following link to preview the preliminary agenda.
Objectives of the meeting are:
• Listen to lectures about the latest approaches in stroke recovery research, from a basic science and clinical research perspective
• Learn about the latest techniques and technologies relevant for stroke recovery via interactive workshops
• Learn about the latest stroke rehabilitation therapies used with patients
• Network with your peers and get to know other research labs
• Interact closely with internationally-recognized scientists
If you are a trainee working in stroke recovery research, this workshop is not to be missed!
To apply, please click on the following link and complete the application form: 2019 SPiN Application Form.
All trainees are welcome to apply; however, we will only be able to accommodate a limited number of spots, so apply early!
CPSR provides funding for travel & accommodations for trainees working at one of the CPSR's eight partnering core sites. Specific details about maximum subsidies can be found here.
Application Deadline to apply for 2019 SPiN Workshop: Friday September 6, 2019
Please direct any questions about SPiN 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee Webinar Series
This webinar series enables trainees working in stroke recovery research the opportunity to present to other trainees in an informal online presentation series. All trainees are invited to attend the webinars. There is a full list of speakers scheduled for the year.
To view the complete schedule, please click Trainee Webinar Schedule. Make sure to add upcoming dates to your calendars.
- CPSR NTA Webinar Series is held on the last Monday of the month between 12-1PM EST.
- Each webinar will be approximately 30 minutes in length (15 minute presentations and 15 minutes for Questions & Answers).
- 2 speakers will present per session (one from 12:00PM – 12:30PM and the other from 12:30PM – 1:00PM).
Calling All Trainees – Are we going to the same conference? Let us know!
CPSR would like to take an active role in facilitating get-togethers for NTA trainees who may be attending the same conference. Send us a quick email (email@example.com) with the name and date of the conference you are attending. Depending on the number of trainees present, CPSR will organize a small social event or get-together.